Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Review : UK Band "Play People"

A couple of months ago, I got a random Myspace friend invite from this band, Play People. Now, I tend to get tons of band invites on Myspace, and I generally wait until I have ten or so lined up, and twenty minutes or more to kill, and sit there and listen a little to each one and decide whether to add them or not. Generally, I end up getting a lot of crap, and a lot of, "oh, well they don't suck, so ok whatever, being a Myspace friend isn't exactly a real relationship or anything."
When I listened to Play People, I was thoroughly impressed. I actually sent them an email thanking them for adding me. Of course, the actual email has long since disappeared into the abyss, but it went something along the lines of :
"Thanks for the add. It's really refreshing to get a friend invite from what is simply a damn good pop band."
Since then, I've been intending to write some kind of a review. Well, all I can say is that Play People offer purely delightful brit pop for your listening pleasure. And that they have a single out on Cloudberry Records entitled "Goes Out." I hope they record some more stuff soon, because they are all kinds of awesome. Do yourself a favor and check them out. And of course, if they ever come to Portland, I know somebody who would be glad to open for them....

No comments: