Friday, March 29, 2013

BAT COUNTRY!!!!!!! Twinkle twinkle Killer Kane edition

Sorry again for the radio silence.  To be honest, I was having a bit of a crisis in wondering whether to keep the blog running.  I suppose that is natural- I am a busy boy, after all.  But after talking with a couple of new friends I realize that Portland itself seems to be going through a weird musical slump.  So thanks to all you enthusiastic music submitters- I'm sorry I can't get to you all!  What really changed my mind was being asked to record a gear demo for Malekko Heavy Industry, who you may remember from the first Gear Review podcast.  I spent a fun afternoon touring their plant, meeting the staff, and playing in a guitar pedal wonderland.  We're lucky to have such a cool boutique pedal manufacturer here in Portland- but more on that later.  Now, SOME VIDEOS!!!!

It was a really beautiful day here in PDX, so I think this video is what we needed.

The song is a little busy, but I like it.

Why are the good band names taken? If you're going to work it, work it.

 There are always fads in female vocals...
And I'm glad to hear someone who doesn't follow that, and just sounds good and themselves.

 Goldie, this one's for you.
I'm all for ironic metal covers, but Andrew WK? Isn't it a little early for that?

 Sweden.. FUCK YEAH
This one tricked me. I was expecting some Joy Divisiony stuff at first, but I think you indie kids will like it. 

Wait... why is awesome doom metal band Ghost now called Ghost BC? (Video NSFW)
Changes like that never bode well. Think of what happened to Green Jello.

 Man, it's awesome band name day, isn't it?
Hmm, tricked. The beginning had me hoping for some sort of awesome black metal, but nope...

 Light Parades?
More like... um, damn. I had something for this. Nevermind.

 Dammit, James Franco! Your shitty band has now ruined Kenneth Anger! Stick with acting!
And I thought youtube still censored the breasticles...

Okay, now I'm pissed
.
Let's watch Stacy Keach finally have enough and beat the shit out of Richard Lynch.

No comments: