Monday, October 24, 2011

Ben Meyercord's Live Picks for Monday October 24th

Hello Dear Readers,

What's up? I have not been to any shows in a while. I also haven't blogged in awhile. My life is way different than it was than when I started blogging. It also seems like my life has been pretty scattered in the last year or so. But I am going to try to make time to write about the shows that look good to me. Here are the shows that look good to me today:

Valentine's is having a show with John Heart Jackie and Duover. This is a special show for two reasons. 1) This is the last show of the John Heart Jackie fall tour. 2) It is Jennie Wayne's birthday. Heart Jackie are a lovely band. Peter Murray and Jennie Wayne have been playing music together for a while. I have seen them playing shows with others lately. I believe the tour they just returned from included some of these people. I believe. If you listen to their full length you will find yourself reminded of why male female duos are so great. Or if you want another example you can check out the other band on the bill, Duover. They are great. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

The White Eagle is having a show with Norman and Owner/Operator. Norman is a band from around the Willamette Valley that make music in the vein of classic Americana. If you have not seen them, there have been plenty of opportunities to see them this month. They have been having a residency at the White Eagle. Owner/Operator is a band that I read about from Lewi Longmire's website. He plays pedal steel guitar of this band. It also features Mike Midlo (Pancake breakfast) and Jeff Munger, Tyler Tornfelt and Ford Tennis (guitar, bass, and drums- Sallie Ford and The Sound Outside). The band apparently plays song about trucks and trucking. Exclusively. There is also a chance that Kelly Blair Bauman will play. The show is FREE and starts at 8:30 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "hi". That would be really sweet.

Ben

John Heart Jackie - Deep As Whales from Ben Moon on Vimeo.


John Heart Jackie plays tonight at Valentine's

No comments: