Monday, November 2, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Monday, November 2nd

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night was a lot of fun for me. I sang with Sean Flinn and then got to see Monarques and Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside. Both bands are really fun. Ex-Captain My Captain Josh Spacek leads Monarques in what to me is very reminiscent of perhaps listening to the Grease soundtrack. It is all very retro feeling with the two girl back up singers with tambourines and well...everything else. Sallie Ford's is just great. The more I see her and her band the more I like them. It seems to me that Jeff the guitarist is doing more and more each set. This time he really got to let go in some parts and let out some pretty scorching solos. It was really rad. I am kinda bummed I didn't catch the Valentine's show last night with Sam Cooper, Alameda, and Adrian Hatkins. Did anyone who reads this catch that show? Was it sweet? Anyway, tonight there does not appear to be a whole lot going on. Here is what I found:

Monday, November 2nd

Valentine's is having a show with Stls (with Lisa Schonberg of Explode into Colors and Kickball), Forsorcereres, and more. I could not find out any information about the band Stls except that it is new. I do know that Lisa Schonberg is the drummer of two very cool rhythmic bands. Ask anyone to describe Explode into Colors and I can assure you that the drums will come into conversation. I love every thing about Kickball. I love that band. The drums are crazy good in that band as well. My prediction is that this will be a good band with really cool drums and rhythms. I also predict that the other band members initials are S.T. Forsorcerers are a band that sound like 80's pop metal. But instead of guys sounding like girls, this band utilises actual girls voices to hit those inevitable high notes. Else where there is a barrage of riffs that form a sturdy base for the music. Actually, maybe it isn't 80's metal at all. Maybe it is just rock music. Click the link I provided and see for yourself. The show is FREE at 9 PM.

So if you see me at this show, please say "Hi". Or if you are not feeling up to it, you can always say hello with your eyes. But anytime I have tried to say hello with my eyes, I tend to creep out the person I am trying communicate with.

-Ben




Forsorcerers play at Valentine's tonight.

No comments: